Sunday 22 November 2015

Professional Multitasking or PM



Professional Multitasking or PM

Quote of the day

‘Professional Multitasking or PM should always be everlasting. PM is about affixing a specific time to each task and arranging them in a chronological order to be done sequentially. To ensure professionalism we cannot bask in a single task all day. We cannot mask a task either for this will then lead to procrastination and eventual misrepresentation or simply unprofessionalism.’

Welcome to your very own private day called Sunday. Many will say it is the first day of a new week. I often say it is the first day of my new life where I gather all my tasks for the week and arrange them in a chronological order. I am my very own boss during the weekends and as I relax and rest my physical machinery my mental cerebrum and cerebellum is constantly working. Yesterday was typical of that for as I sat I watched, as I watched I captured and as I captured I started to create and as I created I began to see what tomorrow shall be like. From simple footages and memories of last week I formed a collage of manageable tasks to perform starting from tomorrow. Today I need to arrange them sequentially, chronologically and then list them potentially. When I say potentially what I am implying is that I am only looking at possibilities rather than actualities. By the end of today I need to switch potential tasks into essential tasks. Before the dawn of a new working week I shall have by my side, signed, sealed and approved my working tasks or my memorandum for the week ending on the 27th of November 2015. My mission then is to accomplish these tasks in a professional way without hurting anyone in the process. If I am able to do this then I am able to do anything unselfishly. I am then able to say that I can professionally multitask. In other words I am then a certified PM. Multitasking to a computer is somewhat different as opposed to multitasking in our daily lives. Multitasking in Computers is about the concurrent performance of several jobs at the same time. Human beings do this all the time. Our brain stem is largely responsible for this. We do but may not be aware of it. We digest food while we can talk. We can talk but think about something else. We can think about something else but look at something different. By looking at something different we can also excrete, secrete, be sweet, have a treat and remain discrete at the same time. This is what I call auto-multitasking. PM performances on the other hand comes from focussing on the task at hand, giving it you’re very best and concluding it within the time frame you set out for today. What I am talking about today which is crucial to your overall success is PM or Professional Multitasking. In others do what you have to but do it now and do it professionally. Many people try to multitask as depicted in the above video, this is foolish. You cannot walk and talk without getting into trouble. Bumping into people and speaking above your voice in waiting rooms is totally unprofessional. You cannot drive and smoke or drive and speak on the phone. This is illegal and very unprofessional. PMs always look for Professionalism at ALL times. They do something and they do it well. They focus and they take notice. They focus on what they have to do and take notice of what they have done. They look at time constraints like an athlete that needs to run the 100m in a specified time. Do they stop and talk or rather walk? No, they focus and focus their energies in what needs to be done at that specified time. This is PM and this is how you become a certified PM. Training for the 100m is done at a different time. Eating the right foods is also administered at scheduled times. Athletes don’t eat and run at the same time. Start tomorrow by working towards being a PM for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment